Sunday, July 25, 2010

Real Living..

Ok so I am sliding in by the skin of my teeth for this post....

The last few weeks have been really really tough. A month after leaving Elands we are still living out of suitcases and out of one bedroom, waiting for our place to be ready to move into. I could write a laundry list of things I am finding really difficult (by far the worst is that the baby doesn't sleep well) - but I think I will give myself a break from freaking out and instead write a list, and count my blessings (you will have to endure the American style cheesiness of such a list).

Really living, in no particular order:

Is a healthy family. Celebrating four years of Eyal is remission from non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, a healthy pregnancy, birth and awesome cute baby, and despite lack of sleep a healthy (able-to-breastfeed-no-worries) mama.

Is having helping hands around (thanks Eyal's mum!) so that I can get a couple of hours sleep here and there knowing the baby is in good hands.

Is watching Shiloh laugh and smile, watching Shiloh learn to shuffle herself around the place, watching Shiloh.

Is Eyal's older sister not only giving her old car car, but making an awesome mp3 mix so that everytime I drive somewhere I get a new theme (David Bowie/Madonna/Hip Hop/folk). And for giving me a little book with a list of cool people she knows (her friends) that live near where we will live and their phone number's.

Is good food, fresh fruit in the roadside stalls, fresh breads and cheeses everywhere in the supermarket and delis on every corner. The awesome Arab restaurant just metres from our house. That pickles come with every meal :).

Is having Calypso and all the awesome mums and friends in Australia that I can talk to.

Is being given a pram (thanks Jon and Jen!) and then on arrival in Israel friends giving us a baby car seat that fits into the pram!

Is Nicholas coming to visit in a matter of weeks, and all yous others might come visit sometime soon.

Is knowing that real soon Ru will be a dad.

Is having enough money, such that when I freak out my sweet heart can go out and buy me the entire series of West Wing to cheer me up.

Is airconditioning, because without it life would suck.


xxx peace out.

5 comments:

  1. sometimes life's like a pizza
    the more cheese the betta!
    thats what i say,

    glad to hear yo life has a sunny and a cool side...

    much love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree :) cheese makes the world go around!

    I hope the pleasure of your new life-adventure grows as you settle in and get some sleep. In the mean time, I'm glad you've got good stuff to keep you smiling x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheese is a kind of meat
    A tasty yellow beef
    I milk it from my teat
    But I try to be discreet
    Ooh cheese, ooh cheese

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh what would we be without good support? I think if we didn't have any we'd be completely mad by now, as in drawing on the walls with ... yeah you know what, and we've got a damn good supply.

    Now. What is it about food that it tastes better from roadside stalls? Not only that, but if it comes on a stick.. even better. One more thing is if it's grilled over coals.Ok.. Here it is. Coal grilled Cheese on a stick from a roadside stall.. the Ultimate food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for yours, Sophie. Thinking positive: I like it.... I would write more here, but I just spent the last half hour reading The Boosh quotes and giggling to myself. Oooh cheese (damn you Berni)

    ReplyDelete