Friday, July 2, 2010

Camel Dreaming of Self


Last night I rode the river of a million years back to now.
It was a crashing aquamarine crystal and white water wake up . Before it happened I was drowsing in a warm bed beside my friend who suddenly had woken restlessness and told us all that this was the only way. We had to leave immediately everything behind in the future including our clothes. We had risk it all and jump into the raging current of eternity.
So I woke up back here, a million years ago, naked. I'd landed on a quartz and ochre rock bed with a pleading song pouring down on my head in a future-airfall (like a waterfall but full of only air from the future that is full of future songs).
The song filled my lungs and I was belting it out unselfconciously. I was naked, unawares and singing on the rocks! Then a delicious familiar smell brought to my senses, it was warm, milky camel calf's breath.
"Ahhh, back here again", I thought, as the baby camel nudged at my shoulder, licked my ear and bit my hair to see if it was edible. So I pulled myself together, gathered all my etherial bodies in. Me and the camels made a nice cooking fire for brewing warm beverages for me and the other refugees from the future who'd made a camp together. We cooked some chapatis and ate them with butter and honey to help us cope with the shock.
You'll be seeing more and more of this kind of thing, we could tell you, but that would be getting ahead of ourselves.

4 comments:

  1. What a great sequel to the very next last pipe-cleaner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt like I was riding a camel in the nude, rough and tough and scratchy, but then I felt like eating a chocolate camel with a nice cup of tea. I think you should get a camel Marlo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will there be more? Or has it already been?

    ReplyDelete