Saturday, May 1, 2010

jailo gettin on this scene even though its a dumb theme

Wether you like it or not it’s got to be hot when you drop…
It on inspirazzi,
like a mechanic under-a shasy, or bong-head on the bagpipes
Don’t matter the weather outside,
I got-ta keep my fingers tappin tight to the tune of this turbid night,

There’s a million ways to stray from this theme,
It’s almost obscene how billions of conversations… don’t
When the smoke from our fires and the lies from our past… won’t
Go away,
until we can learn to sway our hips, curls our lips and give each other a kiss

I dream of each of you, no not like that, but like this;
to lay my head in the hollow of your ribs,
stay the night under the stars in your backyard digs,
Laughing in lost memories of adolescence,
before babies drew us tired through days,
making lazing away sunny afternoons and swaying to a soft tune
so…
beautiful…
No matter how dark the storm, long the road or lonely I be
Thoughts of all yall are the honey to this bee

5 comments:

  1. I picked the theme... you calling me dumb homie??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say, "hey Bravo!!"
    But, yeah, watch it, Jailo.
    You'll be thinking of a theme one day.
    Maybe a payback worse than what you say?
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm you can complain about the topic, but you still came up with some good stuff.. How do we know it wasn't the topic which inspired you? You can resist, but .. you can't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, talk about touchy on the theme :-)
    what i mean is that its dumb cause i hate how people talk about the weather whenever there is nothing to talk about, you know those uncomfortable conversations, when there is nothing to say, so talk about the weather like we'r all farmers or sumpin.
    Sorry bern, i don't mean to to be dis your theme creating abilities, just expressing some angst. Not all my artistry is in a positive light, you know troubled souls and all that.

    BTW who is country squire? dont tell me, its like a mystery cluedo game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought 'weather' was a very appropriate theme since we are in many different locations: it's something that I often want to know when I chat on the phone with family and friends; it puts people in the immediate context of the weather they are experiencing, helping me imagine what it's like for them, there, right now. We all experince weather and it's one of the main topics of international news (think hurricanes, fires, ash-clouds, tsunamis, etc.). But in the end, I don't think the theme matters much, it just gives some sort of point of reference or limitation, which I think helps the creative process for many. Anyway, who says we are NOT all farmers, deep down in our loins... BTW, It won't be hard for you to discover who I am.

    ReplyDelete